Advertisement

Arizona family warns others after boy gets fidget spinner stuck on finger

Arizona family warns others after boy gets fidget spinner stuck on finger
From Global News - August 2, 2017

A family in Arizona is warning other parents about the dangers of fidget spinners, a popular toy, after one got stuck on a boys finger.

Sam Rhodes, 11, had a fidget spinner stuck on his finger for 16 hours after playing with the toy.

I barely pushed on my finger and it just popped right on, said Sam to NBC affiliate 12 News.

The specific toy Sam had was made out of an alloy metal.

After getting the fidget spinner stuck on his hand, his parents tried home remedies to remove it.

We tried soap, we tried oil, we tried looking on the internet for tricks, Cassie Rhodes, Sams mother, said to 12 News.

After those ideas failed, Sams parents took him to the emergency room. However, an ER doctor was unable to remove the spinner with a ring cutter.

Follow @alleywilson_

Advertisement

Continue reading at Global News »