Advertisement

U.S. court orders Benghazi attack suspect held for hearing

From Reuters - November 3, 2017

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A man seized by U.S. forces in Libya and accused of involvement in an attack that killed the U.S. ambassador in Benghazi in 2012 made his first appearance in federal court on Friday in Washington, where he was ordered held until a hearing next week.

Judge Deborah Robinson of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia ordered Mustafa al-Imam held pending a preliminary hearing on Thursday, the D.C. federal prosecutors office said.

Al-Imam, a Libyan national about 46 years old, arrived in Washington earlier on Friday, the office said in a statement.

A criminal complaint attached to the statement and dated May 19, 2015, said he has been charged with killing a person in the course of an attack on a federal facility and providing material support to terrorists resulting in death.

Advertisement

Continue reading at Reuters »